High School Students
Admission requirements for students entering the Bachelor of Business Administration with specializations in Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Project Management and Energy Management are as follows:
Completion of a Grade 12 program leading to a British Columbia Certificate of Graduation, or the equivalent, with at least a 65% average in the following:
- Foundations Math 12 or Pre-Calculus Math 12 or Principles Math 12, or equivalent
- English 12/English 12 First Peoples
- English is the primary language of instruction at Yorkville University. See the Academic Calendar for Yorkville University’s required level of English proficiency for admission.
Admission requirements for mature students to the British Columbia BBA with specializations in Accounting, Supply Chain Management, Project Management and Energy Management are as follows:
A mature student is an applicant who has not achieved the British Columbia Secondary School Diploma or its equivalent and who is at least 19 years of age on or before the commencement of the program in which he/she intends to enroll. Consistent with Ministry guidelines, Yorkville University’s admissions policy for mature students creates a pathway for applicants who can demonstrate abilities equivalent to those of British Columbia high school graduates through the successful completion of courses at the postsecondary level or through proficiency Assessments.
English Language Proficiency (for both provincial jurisdictions)
Applicants whose native language is not English must establish proficiency in English sufficient for post-secondary study. Such proficiency may be established in one of the following ways:
- Completion of secondary education where English is the language of instruction.
- Successful completion of at least 12 credit hours of previous postsecondary education where English is the language of instruction.
- Successful completion with the equivalent of “B” standing of a post-secondary level English for Academic Purposes program accredited by Languages Canada.
- Confirmation of an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of at least 550 (written version) or 80 (Internet based version); or an IELTS (International English-Language Test System) overall bandwidth of at least 6.5; or a Canadian Academic English-Language Test (CAEL) score of 60 or higher; or a score equivalent to these scores on another test of English language proficiency recognized by and acceptable to the university.
Click here for more information on and specific International Admission Requirements
Note: In all cases, the university reserves the right to require proof of language proficiency before permission is granted to register in academic courses. Applicants from countries where English is the language of instruction, but is not the primary language of the general population, will be asked to demonstrate English-language proficiency.