The Government of Canada offers students financial assistance to make it easier to earn a post-secondary degree. Yorkville University has been approved to participate in the Canada Student Loan program.
Loans are typically interest-free during the education period and then repaid after students finish their post-secondary program.
Students from most provinces and territories are eligible (some provinces and territories offer their own, comparable programs).
Information about Canada student loan opportunities in various provinces:
- British Columbia: students in British Columbia are currently not eligible for Canada Student Loan funding for programs offered via distance education.
- New Brunswick
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Quebec: Students in Quebec are currently not eligible for Canada Student Loan funding for programs offered via distance education.
Other helpful resources:
- Information on repaying a student loan
- Government of Canada’s financial resource page for students
- CanLearn.ca – federal government online source of tools and information on post-secondary education and learning. CanLearn also offers information on how to apply for student loans and grants.